Subscribe to The Canvas

Subscribe to The Canvas

Featured Post

Recent Posts

Clyde Steckel to Speak on New Book: Finding the Church | A Personal Memoir

January 23, Emeritus Professor Clyde Steckel will speak at United Theological Seminary of the Twin Cities about his recently published book, Finding the Church / A Personal Memoir. 

Finding_the_Church_large

Clyde describes the book as “a nuanced narrative about my life in the church, how I found the church, how the church found me, and how I came to love the church.” It follows moments in Steckel's life when he found the Church and when the Church found him. 

Addressing his readers, he hopes: “As you follow my life path finding the church and being found by the church, I hope you will be encouraged to frame your own religious story in ways you might not have imagined before."

Clyde Steckel, Mary Ann Murray.jpg

Clyde J. Steckel is an ordained minister in the United Church of Christ and is Emeritus Professor of Theology at United Theological Seminary of the Twin Cities. He received an M.A. and Ph.D. from the University of Chicago. He is the author of New Ecclesiology and Polity: United Church of Christ (The Pilgrim Press, 2009).

The Book Event is Tuesday, January 23, 2018 from 12:00-1:20 p.m. in the Strobel Room at United Theological Seminary of the Twin Cities.  Feel free to enjoy lunch from the Context Café during the presentation!

Max Brumberg-Kraus

Max Brumberg-Kraus is a 2020 alum of United, with an MA in Theology and the Arts. Max also works in marketing at United as a Digital Content Specialist. Max is a performing artist and writer in Saint Paul, MN, and a proud member of the queer artist scene.

Your Comments :